Sid Meier's Civilization: The Boardgame
|Publisher name:||Eagle Games|
|No. of players:||2-6|
|Online shop:||EFUN (EN)|
|Translations:||Civilization - Das Brettspiel (2004); Eagle Games; Glenn Drover|
|Press info:||Finally, a boardgame version of this award-winning PC strategy game. Create a civilization to stand the test of time! The game begins in 4000 BC where the players found the|
first small city of a fledgling people.
Each player's civilization:
* Explores the world around them, discovering resources and the native people that defend them.
* Expands by sending settlers out to create new cities.
* Researches new technologies to gain advantages over the other players.
* Builds unique "Wonders of the World".
* Increases the size of their cities (4 sizes from village to metropolis) to increase production.
* Builds military units to defend what's theirs, and to conquer what's not.
* Improves the land with roads, mines, & irrigation.
|Contents:||- 3 sets of rules (basic, standard, and advanced)|
- Hundreds of plastic playing pieces that represent cities, settlers, armies, navies, artillery, and air units from 4 different eras
- Over 100 full color Technology and Wonder cards
- A 46" x 36" gameboard
|Link to this page:||http://www.luding.org/cgi-bin/GameData.py/ENgameid/13668|